Christmas 2012 goes down in the record books– it was by far the most relaxing, fun and satisfying Christmas in recent memory. The whole day, from start to finish, was perfection, as I got to spend tons of time with my favorite people, surrounded by good food and good vibes. It was certainly one of those days that makes you wish we had holidays of this magnitude more often.
I didn’t take many photos of Christmas day, but I do have a few! I thought I would share some of my Christmas highlights with you all, in convenient list form. . . enjoy!
1. A lazy morning of lying on the couch and watching too much tv. You’d think I would watch Christmas movies, but no, it was Real Housewives of New Jersey all the way.
2. Finally starting the Hunger Games! I’m only five chapters in but love it so far! Here’s to reading for fun and not for school!
3. Wrapping gifts. . . talk about last minute!
4. Off to my mother-in-law’s house for Christmas Part 1. My mother-in-law is, quite frankly, incredibly awesome, and as always, she brought the holiday spirit! I ate my weight in “picky foods”. . . various tortilla chips, hummus, guacamole, sweet potato fries. . . all of my favorites!
How incredible is my mother-in-law that she made me sweet potato fries on Christmas? Thanks mom!
5. A gift-giving extravaganza! My sister-in-law gave us the coolest present I have ever received– a helicopter ride over Newport! The hubster surprised me with some much coveted arm sleeves, and my mother-in-law, among other things, gave me the gift of warmth with a new heated blanket (she knew how devastated I was when my old one broke!).
6. Indulging in some yummy gluten-free and vegan desserts!
7. Parading around in my ironic teacher sweater.
8. Heading off to my sister’s for Christmas Part 2, and watching my cutie nephews rip into their Christmas gifts from me, my husband and my mom!
9. Watched an epic Just Dance 4 session, courtesy of my nephews. I also fell in love with Justin Bieber’s song Beauty and the Beat.
10. Kicking my family’s behinds in Jeopardy.
11. Crashing on my couch with the hubster at 9 P.M.!
What a wonderful Christmas. Admittedly, I am sad it’s over since it is so rare for all our family to get together like that, but I will certainly carry that warm and fuzzy feeling with me for as long as I can!
What was the highlight of your Christmas Day?