1) It’s a beautiful Saturday here in Providence, and I am loving the trend of temps holding in the 60′s! Still, I am cold-blooded and cannot wait for temps to climb into the 70′s, or better yet, 80′s! The sunshine is also amazing– I didn’t realize how much I missed it after this snowy, rainy winter.
2) I am also loving the fact I finally saw a physical therapist this week for the first time to help me deal with my back/leg/nerve/hip issues. Finally, someone told me that they could see a problem with my back, and that in 4 to 8 weeks, as long as I do what I am supposed to, I will feel infinitely better. So far, he’s given me a bunch of stretches to do that are totally different from stretches I used to do. Interestingly enough, I am supposed to do a lot of back bending and not forward bending in order to relieve the situation with my nerve. I am going to follow his program to a t because quite frankly, I am sick of my injury!
3) I am not loving that at least for the next few weeks, I was told by my physical therapist not to run or even do yoga (because of all the forward bending it involves that isn’t helping my situation). I mean, it makes sense that I shouldn’t be running if it gives me pain, right? I am just a stubborn person and hate the fact my running endurance is going to slip away with this break from it. However, I have a whole life to run– as long as I treat my injury and don’t let it get worse. So, no more running for me. I am just going to walk, and he also suggested the upright bike to break a sweat.
4) I am not loving my beauty subscriptions lately. Well, let me clarify– I got my Birchbox subscription just fine, but I got an email the other week from Ipsy that they “miss me” and I should renew my subscription. I was flabbergasted because I paid that 12 month subscription up front for the year, so there’s no way my subscription should have stopped. After a few email exchanges, it seems everything is sorted out, but I still have a feeling my credit card will be double charged, which I will have just to wait and see if that is the case. Super annoying.
5) I am strangely loving Project Runway this season. I didn’t even watch it last season, but for some reason, I am hooked again. I think the reason why is because I have also fallen in love with New York City again after my recent trip there. I love how much the city itself plays a role in the show, so it makes me happy to see images of the Big Apple over and over again. I desperately want to go back soon! I’ll never forget when I spotted Mood in NYC for the first time!
Wow. . . I am realizing this list can go on and on, so I think I may do a part two tomorrow!
What are you loving (or not) in your life these days?