1. My husband and I have hired someone to clean our house. Our last home was pretty small, so it was no big deal to clean it myself. In our new house, we doubled the size of our living space, and it is all spread out on three floors plus a basement. Don’t get me wrong– our house is not big, but there are so many more rooms! Given my leg/joint issues, where on any given day I may walk with a slight limp, my husband agreed that it would not be a good idea to for me to be bending and climbing too much for fear I may aggravate my issues further. We’ve worked it into our budget, and I have to say, professional cleaners do a much better job than I ever did. Though it is sort of a splurge, it is well worth it, and seriously one of the best decisions we’ve made in a long time! We’ve also convinced my sister to do the same!
2. I have really been loving the new CW show called the Vineyard. It’s probably technically one of the crappiest shows on tv, but I don’t like it for the storyline. Really, I just love seeing all the beautiful views of Martha’s Vineyard! My husband and I go there every summer, but sadly we missed our Vineyard trip this summer, so it is nice to still be able to enjoy the beauty of this island, even if it is in the comfort of my own home.
3. While I haven’t really been craving sweets lately, yesterday I had the strangest craving for strawberry shortcake with fresh strawberries, yellow cake and real whipped cream from a particular bakery (Wright’s Dairy Farm) that is nearly forty minutes from my house. Needless to say, I didn’t indulge in the craving (way too lazy to drive forty minutes for a piece of cake) but I am still kind of dreaming about it.
4. I am going back to work on Monday and have not done a single thing in preparation for the first day with the students (which admittedly isn’t until a week from today). I need to go in my basement and dig out lesson plans, but I don’t feel like it! That may be my mission for tomorrow.
5. There is a layer of fine soot everywhere in my house right now! We had our fireplaces and chimneys cleaned the other day, and though it is not visible to the naked eye, there is soot on everything! My feet are unavoidably black, and though I have wiped them numerous times, there is an endless layer of soot on all our countertops– kitchen included. In other words, soot travels fast!
Do you have any Thursday confessions, or do you relate to any of mine?