Happy Saturday friends! Once again, a week has passed by and I have given you no updates. I have a fun post planned (hopefully for Monday) so stay tuned. I also have some big plans to get back into blogging consistently each week, so thanks for hanging in there with me!
Since it’s been a week or so since my last post, here’s some highlights of the past week in list form!
1) Work Update: I’ve been back to work for almost a month now and things are going well. Once again I am blessed with sweet students, great coworkers, and a great teaching schedule. I actually have about 85 seniors this year, most of which I have had before when they were freshman, so I have an awesome level of familiarity and comfort with my students this year. It’s really nice to know most of your students from day one. I also have two classes of freshman (one of which admittedly does test my patience a bit) but they are still are super nice kids!
2) Exercise update: Well, honestly, exercise has been sort of non-existent for the past few months. My hips have been giving me a lot of pain of a daily basis, and I have an appointment with a pain management specialist in a few weeks to see if there’s anything I can do. I am trying to get the appointment pushed up so I can get some relief sooner, but let’s just say even climbing stairs is a struggle for me. I have been doing physical therapy, which helps for a few days afterwards, but I think I need something else to take the edge off! Just a year ago, I ran a half marathon– now, I can barely walk a block! I miss exercise with a passion, but I know this is just a temporary blip and that soon enough I will be back on my feet (literally!).
3) Food update: My food has been all over the place lately. Not in a bad way, but basically, I have no real set meal plan or anything. I have been eating lots of my mom’s cooking, since she knows I have no interest in cooking these days whatsoever. Otherwise, I rely on things that are easy to put together, like veggie burgers, salads, and sometimes Amy’s frozen dinners.
4) Fun update: Last night, my husband and I had our first ever pizza night at our new home, just the two of us. I had a major craving for classic cheese pizza and fries, so that’s exactly what we had. I had two magical pieces, a boatload of fries, and a few Ferrer Rocher chocolates for dessert!
5) Most looking forward to. . . apple picking today! We are heading off to a local farm to grab some fresh apples right off of the tree and I can’t wait. Since our summer was so busy, we are making sure we have all kinds of fall fun this season!
So, what is the food highlight of your week? For me, it was definitely the pizza!